Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Smaller portions need taste

Tapas is a very good example of small plates with interesting flavors, that keep you engaged and not wondering about topping it off with a hot fudge sundae.  I havent been in while to present a fresh review, but Dali in Cambridge, MA is fantastic.  Teddy and I went to Cava in Portsmouth, NH for Valentines Day and it was tremendous.  Expensive but good and "hearty" small plates.  Locally, we like to go to TBones for their "just right bites" (Bedford, NH), their pub version of small plates, tonight I had a whole grain flat bread bowl with grilled chicken, salad greens, olives and light cheese, with only fresh salsa as the dressing.  I had forgotten how wonderful salsa can be as a salad dressing substitute, fat free too and full of flavor.  Less succesful is Z bar on Elm Street in Manchester, small portions with high prices that are not justified, quality is so so, not my cup of tea.  Many restaurants are promoting smaller portions or healthier versions of their popular dishes, and me personally always likes to give them a try, considering we are considered the land of obese citizens, plus when your tummy starts to look like a mini mountain when you are lying down, I think its time to cut back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment