Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

We celebrated a day early with most of the Carras Clan - Olga Steven Marina and Nick, Cathy and Stevie , Jim Angela Jenna and Val gal, Mom and Dad Carras - get togethers are always filled with lots of laughs and loud conversation, we have a good time.  My Dad was in search of a great local seafood place, but we were tired of Legals' and afraid to venture towards the waterfront with the weather being so nice, so we went the traditional route to Brothers Kouzina on Rt 1 in Saugus for a taste of traditional greek food.  It didnt disappoint.  By the time Teddy and I got there, appetizers had been ordered - saganaki which is a fried cheese, horatiki salad which is basically a tomato and cucumber salad, homemade gyro platters, sauteed artichoke hearts, came with warmed pita bread.  The one thing were were missing is tzaziki, which would have served my chicken kabob dinner well since the chicken was very dry,  but I really enjoyed my greek style green beans , in tomato sauce, perfectly done.  The lamb kokinisto, which is a braised shank, I heard was great, but what really impressed was the stuffed veal chop, fontina, spinach and proscuitto stuffing with a mushroom garlic sauce seemed to earn the raves.  We topped it off with a stop at Richardsons Dairy Farm, which serves top class icecream in Middelton MA.  I would elaborate but i'm still with the Clan visiting at Cathy's - right now my two eldest sisters Olga and Cathy are sitting on the couch with me and my Mom is right by my side, its good to have a little moment of being "home" on a day like today, I hope everyone enjoys time with their families this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment